Daily Archives: June 21, 2015
The owner of the blog Poetry and Chocolate and Books has nominated me for the Freestyle Writing challenge in which you as the nominee has to write freely for a set time on the subject that you are given by your nominator. She is quite active blogger and is always generous with comments. You should definitely check out her blog.
The rules of this award :
1. Open a blank word document.
2. Set a stop watch timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever length you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post but do not scroll down to see it until you are ready with your timer.
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds! Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (It is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals.
6. At the end of your post write down the number of words to give an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
7. Put the whole document onto your post and nominate 5 others and give them a new topic. Remember to copy paste the rules!
The subject given to me by the owner of Poetry and Chocolate and Books was ‘If I could live my favorite book’.
I would truly love to live in the Twilight Saga series. It would be more than amazing to be a vampire and have amazing speed and strength. I would be the most dangerous predator on earth but most importantly I would have eternal youth. I would never freaking age !!! My worst fear is growing old. It totally sucks moving at quite a slow speed and slowly losing your memory. Plus, no offence but you can’t be cool when you are old. You have to be a mature old guy who gives advice left, right and center. The most common problem of old age is that your sight and hearing may become impaired. I cannot imagine not being able to listen to music or watch a movie or blog on both my phone and laptop. I simply love the fact that as a young person I have this unlimited energy flowing through my body. It feels wonderful to wake up feeling energized and full of life. I can be able to walk around in Nairobi town the whole day without getting tired. Old life is quite boring because most old people just sit or sleep the whole day and night. The little energy that they have is spared for critical activities such as cooking and washing a few dishes. Talking a nature walk is almost impossible for an old person. I dislike the the sad truth that the body wears out, you lose your good looks and your bones become brittle. For crying out loud, you can’t even have passionate energy-filled sex like you used to. Your sex drive also declines. The point about sex is quite vital due to the fact that I am a young, hot-blooded fellow. Old age makes you slowly begin to lose the positivity that you once had towards life. Life as a vampire would be truly awesome. Yes, I know that I would have to kill humans for blood, but that’s something which is inevitable.
Word count : 333
Time taken : 10 minutes
The subject :
What I thought life would be like as an adult when I was a kid.
You may also want to read
1. 50 Shades Of Blogging
2. Lil Wayne’s Smartest Lyrics https://mynameisemmanuelmuema.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/lil-waynes-smartest-lyrics/
3. I’m Addicted To Lil Wayne https://mynameisemmanuelmuema.wordpress.com/2015/01/04/im-addicted-to-lil-wayne